Random Talk : See Around

8:09 PM

It's Friday and I feel good. So good. Alhamdulillah.

It's been a long time since I felt the same way like today. I'm grateful for having this "So-Good" feeling and I wish it can stay for a while (It's too much if I wish it can stay forever :)). With the up and down cycle in life, sometimes we forget the taste of feeling good and content in the heart. When it comes, please don't let it go. Enjoy it as long as you can :).

Well, there's always be the first time in our life. You can make a list of things that you did for the first time in life and so can I. But I'm not going to share you all the list here, just one thing that I would like to share.

Two weeks ago, my friend asked me to be a moderator in the event which she involved with. This is kind of sharing session between IT Expertise to promote hackaton event that will be held this month. If you are not really know what hackaton is, you can googling it :).

I've surprised with the offering at first. Why? Because I've never expected this kind of opportunity will come to me. I've never imagined it before. I'm not kind of person that easily making a chit-chat in the formal situation and also with new person I met, while the moderator at least need to have a confident to do this thing, right?

While she talked to me by phone, I felt the half of me hesitate to accept this offering & pushed me to say "No, Thanks!", but the other half of me said differently, pushed me to do so. My adrenaline going up for no reason other than thinking about "How it will be going to be a moderator?". Fear & curiosity come and go in my heart. At the end, without further thinking, I decided to accept the opportunity with two  main reasons, for testing how far myself able to handle fears being able to stand in front of strangers & doing something I've never did before, and the second just for the sake to find the inspiration.  Yup, the inspiration for me especially.

Frankly speaking, I have no confident to be a moderator because of lack of experience and skill, but I just want to try. We never know how it will be unless we give it a try, right? In the same time, I felt this event will bring me to the moment that make my heart content with the inspiration. Meeting new people is a good opportunity to catch the inspiration.

The event went well, Alhamdulillah. With the plus and minus, finally I was able to hang in there until the end of the event. And it's true that I've got a lot of experiences from the people I met there and the inspiration as well.

There were lot of young people speak up confidently in the stage and make me felt a little bit nervous but in the same time make me though differently. I was trying to open the "lock in mind" and make it free just by seeing them. Fears sometimes lock ourselves and make us going nowhere. To kick out the fears, we need to face the root of fears, like what I did that day. I'm still nervous but at least  I can survive until the end :).

The speaker in that event are coming from various background but linked with the technology. I'm not going to share who are they and what they said that night because I also forget what they are talking about other than "Be wild with your imagination & make it true". Don't think about wild adult imagination ya, what they refer to is imagination to create something related to technology information which useful for the people, hehe.

The speaker that make me feel so grateful that night were 3 young IT geeks that shared their experience when joining the hackaton event and won the competition. They are talented young Indonesian who are able to compete not only in the national event but also in the International event. I'm so proud of them honestly. They are not only one (I know that) but simply inspired me :).

They shared that it started with a simple though - to make a useful technology to help people around them - and this simple though, brought these young IT Geek won the International competition. It's not easy to escape from the competition with the medal but with the passion, hard work, and the most important thing is team work, it finally happened. I saw passion in their face when they shared the stories and in the same time the aura "down to earth" transferred the warm feeling as well. I just wondering that having passion is a must but you also need to be brave in order to released the passion and make it happen.

I felt so warm in the night when the rain poured heavily. Thank you for my friend for being kind to give me this opportunity and make me experienced the moment :). Sometimes we are too busy with ourselves, forget to see around, and end up locked our mind with what we want. And maybe this is the reason why sometimes we feel empty. I just want to say that don't forget to out of your desk and see around.

Go to the places you never be before and going back with a content heart.
Happy Friday


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts